Thursday, July 31, 2008

HHO or HHype?

**READ THE UPDATE HERE!**

With gas at $4.00 a gallon, who isn't thinking about ways to make the daily commute a little cheaper. I have a friend who runs a blog called "HHO Gas" and has been talking about this stuff like crazy. Shop DriveTime First! Bad credit, no credit, no problem. Apply on-line.

The pitch goes, "Run Your Car on Water," or improve your gas mileage by adding hydrogen gas to your air intake. Lots of claims have been made that it will increase fuel economy by 60% etc.

Being the natural skeptic, I decided to look into this. I have read several articles both pro and con on the topic. HHO gas, more correctly called Brown's gas, or Oxyhydrogen, was the precursor to acetylene. It is flammable and was also used before incandescent light bulbs.

But will it improve your gas mileage? While you can check out the biggest hawker, water4gas, I also saw a good news report here. The news team in Florida used a product called the Hydro 4000. They tested a vehicle and found that it improved mileage by about 10%. It also required that the driver put a cup of distilled water in the system about every 60-80 miles. Guard against ID Theft with 15 Points of Protection from TrustedID, including our $1,000,000 Warranty. Click Here!

I further checked with the Better Business Bureau about the maker of the Hydro 4000, 1 Freedom Inc. Here is a link to the report. While there are no customer complaints, the company has been warned to stop using the Better Business Bureau logo.

While there definitely is a lot of hype around the issue and no 3rd party laboratory has provided an analysis, there is some indication by some parties that it may work. Yes, that is less than a definitive answer, however, I need more proof.

Easy cars loans from DriveTime

2 comments:

GadgetMan said...

I would love to chat with you. There's something about good healthy skepticism that earns my respect.
I invite you to come to my site: www.ClubHHO.com.
No hype.
No Sales.
Only simple sharing, only from developers, doing what we know best: building on a dream.
E-mail me. I promise you won't be disappointed.
~GadgetMan~
GadgetMan@ClubHHO (add the dot com)

Air Intake Kits said...

I know there is a technology like this but never thought it would work out like this. I need more proof, too. It's just depressing they didn't "revolutionize" water used as fuel for cars now that we have a lot of issues relating to it.

Peace and Freedom for Iran!
Respect Life, Defend the Weakest Among Us!

ShareThis